TO KICKSTART YOUR CAREER AS A TECH WRITER, YOU NEED TO LEARN THE FUNDAMENTALS OF CREATING INSTRUCTIONAL CONTENT
Yes, you can use your writing skills to create blog posts, emails, social media status updates, etc. Maybe you even do some freelancing stuff here and there.
However, if you want to kick things up a notch then keep on reading.
There's a huge demand for writers like you who are passionate about learning the behind-the-scenes of how apps and software programs work.
Most importantly, if you have a knack for making complex subjects easy to understand and helping others learn then you'll be excited about the exciting writing opportunities available today.
This course is for you if...
- You want to be one of the few writers that make an average of $70,000 or more doing what you love
- You enjoy being able to make products (websites, applications, software programs, etc.) easier to understand and use
- You're looking for a career change and want to use more of your writing skills
- You want to gain a comprehensive understanding of tech writing
- You want to build a professional tech writing portfolio from scratch
- You want recruiters to contact YOU with writing opportunities
- You don't want to wait any longer especially when the demand for tech writers is so HOT right now!
- You want to work with solid companies that pay you well!
Landed 2 Writing Contracts!
With Amazon and Honeywell!
What you'll get in this course:
Get started with core technical writing skills aka writing instructions for web and mobile applications.
Next, you'll use those skills to build a tech writer's portfolio with "professional bait" pieces that sets you apart from other writers.
Resume and LinkedIn tricks that make you stand out.
Learn how to prep for your interview and your first day on the job. You'll also get insider tips on how to work effectively with your team.
My "never-seen-before" formula that attracts recruiters like a magnet so you don't even have to waste countless hours applying for jobs the old-school way!
The course is designed to help you expand your skills and prepare for an entry-level or mid-level career as a Technical Writer, UX Writer, Content Strategist or related writing career.
Landed a job with Google!
Landed Several Interviews!
- 10 Steps to Creating Technical Content
- Tips to improve your content (get a C+ in writing) (19:27)
- Share your feedback #4a
- Before you begin
- Writing Exercise - Zipcar
- Create user-interface copy for Uber and Lyft
- Writing Exercise - Airbnb
- Writing Assessments - NFCU
- Writing Assignment - Coursera
- Share your feedback #4b
- Do I have tech writing content already?
- Portfolio content ideas
- 4 Different Ways to Format Your Portfolio Content
- How and where to publish your portfolio content
- Share your feedback #5
- Hey, Tech Writer! Time to Write!
- BONUS: Get Paid While You Learn About Users and Build Your Portfolio
- BONUS #2: Real-world portfolios from past students
What other students think about this course...
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
As soon as you enroll, you have access to all of the videos, exercises, and resources in the course! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
How long do I have access to the course?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
What if I am unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you've done the work and honestly feel you didn't get value from the experience, submit your coursework within 7 days of your purchase and we’ll promptly issue a refund. To be clear, if you do not include your completed coursework within the 7-day period, no refund will be issued.